- Learning to Read and Write - A joint position statement of the International Reading Association (IRA) and the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC).
- Early Literacy Practice Brief - Summarizes what we know about early literacy and offers research-based recommendations.
- Launching Young Readers - Examines stages young children go through in developing reading skills.
- Guide to Communication Milestones - Provides a snapshot of milestones for the major areas of childhood speech and language development.
- Reading Rockets - Offers research-based reading strategies, lessons, and activities to help young children learn how to read and read better.
- Center for Early Literacy Learning - Resources to support early literacy practices for young children.
- Classroom Literacy Materials List - List of literacy materials to support learning in the classroom.
- Handbook of Language and Literacy Development: Vocabulary Development - Describes the importance of the number of words known by age five for later school achievement.
- Handbook of Language and Literacy Development: Speech and Language Development - Describes essential parts of speech and language development.
- Handbook of Language and Literacy Development: Reading - Describes early learning experiences that set the stage for children’s literacy development.
- Handbook of Language and Literacy Development: Narrative Development - Describes critical skills of narrative development.
- Handbook of Language and Literacy Development: Spelling and Writing - Describes foundational skills for later spelling and writing abilities.
- What to Listen for in a High Quality, Language Rich, Learning Environment - Describes the importance of a rich, oral language environment and the connection to later literacy learning
- What to Look for in a High Quality, Literacy Rich, Learning Environment - Describes high-quality literacy rich environments and strategies to promote literacy development