North Carolina Resources
- Developmental Day Center Program (DDC), funded through the State Board of Education, assists in providing special education and related services to eligible children with disabilities who are placed in accredited development day centers by local education agencies.
- Division of Child Development and Early Education (DCDEE) regulates child care in the state and collaborates to promote enhanced service delivery of care and education across the state, including NC Pre-K.
- Office of Early Learning (OEL) of the Department of Public Instruction (DPI) administers state and federally funded programs for young children including Preschool Exceptional Children, Title I Preschool and the Head Start State Collaboration Office.
- Infant Toddler Program provides services and resources for young children (birth-3) with disabilities.
- NC Partnership for Children, Inc. (NCPC) provides statewide oversight of the Smart Start initiative.
- Click here to watch the TED talk by Kate Gallagher, "Assembly of the Healthy Child: The Next Steps"