- Project Child Find brochure - Describes program for locating and identifying children with special needs.
- NC Policies Governing Children with Disabilities - Exceptional Children policies and guiding practice documents
- Public Schools of North Carolina - Exceptional Children - Resources related to the provision of Exceptional Children services in North Carolina
- Local Interagency Coordinating Councils (LICCs) - Describes role of LICC community-based advisory groups
- Learn the Signs. Act Early. (CDC) - Resources to help parents track a child’s development and take action if they are concerned
- The NC Department of Public Instruction and the Early Learning Network presented a webinar on Child Find on January 20, 2017. To watch the webinar and view the handouts click here.
What is Child Find? – Defines the seven major elements of a Child Find System
Notifications from Other Programs
- Assuring Better Child Health and Development (ABCD) program – Designed to develop a set of best practices for primary care physicians to identify developmental delays in children birth to 5 and refer for early intervention- see also What is the North Carolina ABCD Initiative?
- ABCD Contacts list for 2016
- Medical Home Feedback Form - Template for providing feedback to referring provider/agency at completion of child's assessment
- Memo Revised Physician to Preschool Program Notification Process- Explains revisions to the ABCD processes and procedures
- Notification Flow Chart Legend and Notes – Explains initial evaluation process for children ages 3 through 21 as well as action steps for children age 3 through 5
- Referral Flow Chart Physician to Preschool Program – Summarizes physician to preschool notification process for children age 3 through 5
- PreK Child Find-Transition Calculator (note: If you get an error message upon opening the file, click on the “x” in the top corner and the file will open)
- Physician Notification to Exceptional Children Preschool Program - Form to be completed by physician and sent to the Exceptional Children Preschool Program